Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Because the world needs you to.

 
I don't know about you, but some days it is a struggle to keep my flesh in check. But the super cool thing is, is that it is getting easier. I know that sounds contradictory. Used to, my words, actions, opinions, thoughts, etc., were too hard for me to hush. Whether it be in my head, or out loud. And... maybe if I was being truthful, I didn't care to. {Side note: I haven't perfected this, and never really will; however, I am more aware of this weakness and strive to continually be better} Until God changed my heart and gave me a new perspective of Him and those around me.
 
I used to look at other people and so desperately want to be like them. I loved their attitude, their generosity, and their selflessness. That wasn't who I was or really ever was. And then it dawned on me that they are who they are because of whose they are. They spend time with Jesus, they look at people like Jesus did/does. Something changed in me. Drastically. The fears, uncomfortableness (if that's not a word, I just made it up!), shyness of letting God change me and use me begin to slowly fade away.
 
We get so used to seeing hurting people around us that we become mute to it. Too many times we put labels on people because of how they are or have treated us. Our waiters/waitresses, cashiers, parents, teachers, co-workers, etc., and we immediately think we have to give back to them what they are dishing out to us. Why? Because they "deserve" it. {So we think, anyway}
 
Matthew 5:7 says, "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy."
Mercy means: compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within ones power to punish or harm.
 
That.Is.HARDDDD.
You can say Amen here!
 
But it is necessary.  Instead of seeing the bad in people, find a way to put some good in. When Olivia tells me someone was mean to her, I tell her to be extra nice back because they need some of her kindness.
 
Your life, and the way you view life, as well as those around you will change.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger